Share | 

Foundation for Older Skin?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Aelwyn

Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2008-03-15

PostSubject: Foundation for Older Skin?   Thu Apr 17, 2008 7:36 am

Wasn't sure where to post this, so I stuck it here.

My mom wants to go shopping for foundation. She has very dry, olive complexion, with some wrinkles. Foundations tend to look cakey, and powders just look gross. Any recommendations? (Can be drugstore or higher end)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sarahPUFFY!

Number of posts : 210
Job/hobbies : blogging, singing, eating...living!
Registration date : 2008-03-13

PostSubject: Re: Foundation for Older Skin?   Thu Apr 17, 2008 9:18 am

for higher end, try la mer. VERY expensive, but well worth it. there's a creme formula and a liquid. for everyday wear, she may prefer the liquid, but the creme is fabulous. their powder is also specially made, and has a lot of shimmer. its a more of a grown up shimmer, but you should still be light handed. she should also try a primer [ofc, I like my cargo, but if her skin can handle it, she should try smashbox lite].

there are MANY reviews for these foundations, and I'd be happy to link you to them. older women find them to be a joy, and they match beautifully.

if you want to go cheaper, try revlon's colourstay foundations and powders. they're oil based, so they moisturize the skin. I would think your mum's skin is flaky if its dry [I know mine can be], so exfoliation is a must. make sure she washes her face every night, and that she exfoliates at least 3 times a week.

you may also like elizabeth arden's intervene foundation for your mother - made specifically to fight signs of aging. I have many before and after photos on the forum in the PR section on CM - you'd be surprised. a bargain, around $30-38. very easy to find specific shades, too.

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://thepuffreports.blogspot.com

Foundation for Older Skin?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1