Beauty from the eyes of nerdy teens livin' on a dream and one hell of a prayer

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Tarte's Lock and Roll Creaseless Eyeshadow Duo:

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
sarahPUFFY!

Number of posts : 210
Job/hobbies : blogging, singing, eating...living!
Registration date : 2008-03-13

PostSubject: Tarte's Lock and Roll Creaseless Eyeshadow Duo:   Sun Apr 20, 2008 10:45 am

I got this in the mail after winning a contest on Sugar Shock directly from Tarte Headquarters! I'm pretty sold on this product, but of course, I have to test it out for at least two days before I can do a real review. So I'm just posting this to type my experience as I go along!

Day One: Swatch looks killer. A little creme eyeshadow goes a long way, so when applied to the eyes, it takes just a smidge to get some pretty nice intensity. Its great for those five minute days where you want to wear eyeshadow, but can't spend 10 minutes perfecting it. Rollerball shadow goes on nicely. Wear is better when you blend out harsh lines with a blending brush - you have to use one if you go overboard. creme shadow and loose shadow are also great on their own. first impression = fabulous.

So far, so good. tomorrow, I'm really gonna put this to the test and wear it to school with my five minute face. Once I have my review together, I'll e-mail Candace personally [the one who sent the duo] and be all formal and such and link her to my blog.

Have any of you had a chance encounter with this product? want more details? tell/ask me here. Smile

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://thepuffreports.blogspot.com
sarahPUFFY!

Number of posts : 210
Job/hobbies : blogging, singing, eating...living!
Registration date : 2008-03-13

PostSubject: Re: Tarte's Lock and Roll Creaseless Eyeshadow Duo:   Sun May 25, 2008 9:57 pm

After using this thoroughly, I LIKE it. But I don't LOVE it.

The reflectiveness is just TOO much for me. And even without a primer underneath, the creme shadow is a bit tough to blend out. This particular shade is better on a paler puffy than one with an olive tone like me. If you get the creme shadow right, then its not bad at all. Otherwise, it'll be in the makeup drawer.

And those damn Tarte people never replied. Bastards.

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://thepuffreports.blogspot.com

Tarte's Lock and Roll Creaseless Eyeshadow Duo:
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1