Beauty from the eyes of nerdy teens livin' on a dream and one hell of a prayer

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

cover girl!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
sarahPUFFY!

Number of posts : 210
Job/hobbies : blogging, singing, eating...living!
Registration date : 2008-03-13

PostSubject: cover girl!   Wed Mar 19, 2008 8:44 pm

I had to start this topic, because I've been wondering about the new and "improved" CG trublend foundation! I know I totally raved about the last one...until it melted off. but I've been wondering if it would be worth trying.

and I have to admit, they have pretty good mascaras, but they always dry up my lashes a bit. I've heard great stuff about lash blast, though - only complaint about that one is the awkward orange tube, which is apparently too large for dainty, feminine hands!

I can say that I will always love their clean pressed powder. I love that weird, medicinal smell. I don't know why, but...it comforts me. Smile

what's some of your favourite CG stuff? tell meh! Very Happy

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://thepuffreports.blogspot.com
helloginaa

Number of posts : 130
Registration date : 2008-03-19

PostSubject: Re: cover girl!   Wed Mar 19, 2008 9:14 pm

I've got the new Trublend, and to be honest, I don't like it that much. I liked the older one MUCH better. This stuff is a little too liquid-y for my liking, and it doesn't quite give as much coverage as the original stuff I used to have. I was quite dissappointed. Sad It might just be my skin being such shit as well as my dislike for liquid foundations, they just don't seem to give enough coverage for me...

As for the Lash Blast stuff in that orange tube that Drew Barrymore (i think?) sells in that annoying commercial... is it any good? Minus the awkwardly sized tube and the orange color? I really like their other new mascaras with with rubber heads... they do an AWESOME job of making my lashes very full and not clumpy... I'd like some feedback before I go buy the orange one. Anyoneee?
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.myspace.com/onebyonexo
sarahPUFFY!

PostSubject: Re: cover girl!   Wed Mar 19, 2008 9:22 pm

I have heard a TONNE of good reviews on the stuff. it really isn't made for ladies with wimpy wimpy wimpy lashes [I've seen some before and afters, yikes] - you gotta have hefty lashes to get some results! Jamie [from CM] uses it in a lot of her FOTDs, and its hot shit. if you can get over the fact that the mascara itself is reminiscent of a large, orange vibrator, I think it'd be great for you! I believe the waterproof version is available now too [waterproof versions tend to be better than the originals], if you care for that version! I liked the original waterproof lash blast because it gave lots of volume and separated really nicely. I only wish it hadn't dried up so quickly!

Back to top Go down
helloginaa

PostSubject: Re: cover girl!   Wed Mar 19, 2008 9:26 pm

Sounds goood. Ima look into getting it.
Back to top Go down
anjelik_dreamin

Number of posts : 13

PostSubject: Re: cover girl!   Wed Mar 19, 2008 9:58 pm

What to you know about the true blend luminous blush powders puff/anyone else?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sarahPUFFY!

PostSubject: Re: cover girl!   Thu Mar 20, 2008 5:26 am

everything you got? I've heard that they're a little too shimmery, and even though they're "mineral," they really...arent. hearing that made me really sad, honestly. ;-;

what do you think about em, Jess?

Back to top Go down
anjelik_dreamin

Number of posts : 13

PostSubject: Re: cover girl!   Sat Mar 22, 2008 1:50 am

I picked up the blush today in true romance and I'm pretty pleased with it for the price - AUD$10ish for a huge pot. It's pretty colourless, but I'm supa pale so it shows up a pretty subtle pink on me. It is pretty shimmery, but I like that in a blush (hell, in everything). All in all it's a great drugstore product. Having said that, I'm a little flushed/sunburnt today, so that may have made a slight difference.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
helloginaa

PostSubject: Re: cover girl!   Sat Mar 22, 2008 9:17 pm

Jess just be careful with the all-over face powders. they are quite shimmery and... when i wear it i always have to like, rub the shimmer away otherwise i look kinda goofy and.. tacky? i don't know. but they are pretty good and give pretty nice coverage...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: cover girl!   

Back to top Go down

cover girl!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1